[wp-testers] Menu Comment

Adam van den Hoven adam.vandenhoven at gmail.com
Thu May 6 22:55:30 UTC 2010

I really love the new menus. I updated to the latest nightly (rather than
beta 2) and the changes are a great improvement over beta1.

One thing that has bitten me too many times as I've been working with the
menus is saving. There are too many actions which imply a permanent change
which, in fact, require one and sometimes two button clicks.

For example, when I went to look at the new menu UI, my existing menu had
lost its hierachy. Because I can drag and drop the menu items. I had assumed
that would automtically save the menu. Alas its not true.

I would like to see better feedback about saving. Either automatically save
the menu as I move things around or use a greyed out save button to indicate
that no changes have been made which changes to a colored button when the
order is made.

Adam