[wp-testers] WP 3.0b1 Nav Menu Child-menu Ordering Bug

Ed Gray graynotgrey at gmail.com
Sun May 2 14:39:22 UTC 2010

This bug has been present on my site since tags and posts were added to the
menu options. I layout menus in a certain order of parent and child menus,
but when I save the menu layout the  child-menus of one parent-menu are
transferred to another parent-menu  entry above it.

I have linked to two screen shots that display the menu layout before I save
it and again after I save it to better illustrate the problem.

Menu Before saving it:
http://www.screencast.com/t/MTc0N2E0Ym

Menu after saving it:
http://www.screencast.com/t/OWNkNjdiNTYt

In the example above, if I move Equipment above Shop, the child-menus under
Shop are moved under Equipment. I've tried making all categories parent
categories but that did not help. It affects pages and categories.

Also, I miss the X icon to delete a menu item in one click instead of having
to look at menu-properties to remove a menu entry. At least the ability to
drag a menu item out of the layout box to remove it should be available
which is how widgets can be removed.

- Ed Gray