[wp-testers] Custom Post Types Are Not Added To Menu editor?

Paul Robinson pablorobinson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:58:06 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

So my sister is currently mocking up her new site & wanted to try out
the new custom post types. She has used the following code to add a
post type:

//Add custom Post Type for LisaMarieDesign Zazzle
     function post_type_lmd() {
         register_post_type('lmd', array('label' => __('LMD posts'),
singular_label => __('LMD post'), 'public' => TRUE, 'show_ui' => TRUE,
'inherit_type' => 'post', 'capability_type' => 'post', 'hierarchical'
=> FALSE, 'rewrite' => array('slug' => 'lisamariedesign'), 'supports'
=> array('title', 'editor', 'author')));
         register_taxonomy('product_type_lmd', 'lmd',
array('hierarchical' => TRUE, 'label' => __('Product Type
LisaMarieDesign'), 'query_var' => 'lmd_product_type', 'rewrite' =>
array('slug' => 'lisamariedesign-products')));
     }
     add_action('init', 'post_type_lmd');

She has two, that one and another identical one (except the ids &
labels are different). Both taxonomies are linkable via the new menu
editor, but there is another box to allow you to add links to posts
from the post type defined above, but not one for the second post
type. Can anyone help with what's going on? I thought I'd better post
it here as it seems like it might be a bug.

On a side note I thought that posts were not linkable via the menu
system and that only posts & categories were linkable.

Thanks for any help & the custom posts system is looking awesome so far. :)

Paul.