[wp-testers] WP and MU

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Fri Mar 26 14:53:26 UTC 2010

We're sticking with the config file route in 3.0.

Adding a constant to the config file increases the entry barrier, and
that's by design. The theory is, if you can't edit wp-config at the
very least, you probably shouldn't be using the network feature in
3.0.

The reasoning behind this is that MU is not for the faint of heart,
and 3.0 is little more than the merging of the codebases. We didn't
want end users to be overly encouraged with going multi-blog. Ideally,
future releases would strengthen its features, flexibility, usability,
and its management tools. 3.1 will be a big part of this.