[wp-testers] ImageMagick Support In WordPress

Paul Robinson pablorobinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:30:01 UTC 2010

Yup, it's just a shame it's not as common as GD. Even on a shared
server I manage to process hundreds of images quite quickly with IM.
When I used to use GD it would crash quite a lot. I will admit that GD
is a great library & IM is sometimes tricky to work with because of it
being CLI (without IMagick installed), but there are just sometimes
ImageMagick is the best choice IMHO.

Thanks for the answers though, guys. Maybe we'll see more about IM in 3.1. ;)

Paul.