[wp-testers] Add Option and uninstall

due chiacchiere info at duechiacchiere.it
Wed Mar 24 18:17:49 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm working on a plugin which needs to store some data in the table
"wp_options", and to create some new tables as well. I have two questions:

1) Why calling add_option('myoption', array(), 'no') creates a new entry
that has the 'autoload' field set to YES in the database? Am I doing
something wrong?

2) Since I want to be a 'good developer', I added the uninstall function
to be executed whenever the user decides to remove this plugin from his
WP box. So I have this method inside my class:

public function uninstall() {
         global $wpdb;

         // Goodbye data...
         $wpdb->query("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `tablename`");

         // Goodbye options...
         delete_option('myoption');
     }

And then it's hooked like this

register_uninstall_hook( __FILE__, array( &$myclass, 'uninstall' ) );

I've tried both with 2.9 and 3.0alpha, and the table is still there
after I uninstall the plugin via the admin interface.

Thanks for your time,
dino.