[wp-testers] "Menus" broken with today's build (03-23-10)

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:42:38 UTC 2010

"Please though, no "it just doesn't work" tickets"

Wouldn't think of it. ;-)

The problem I was referring to (please disregard #3--mistake on my part)
probably wouldn't be worth a ticket anyway since it was just the act of
updating to the latest nightly that caused it with no errors in the
logs. Pretty scanty info to go on.

I think one of the problems is that in order to setup up say, Categories
and Blogroll type drop down menus on the main menu bar is that there's
no way to set a top menu title under which the drop down menu items
reside (Top level menu title = "Categories" and "Blogroll" in this case).

I know that sounds kind of obvious but as it stands now, for categories
I have to create an new empty category called (surprisingly enough)
"Categories", add that to my "Main" menu and then list (drag) all my
"real" categories under it. With the "Blogroll" I've been creating an
empty page called...er..."Blogroll", added the page to the "Main" menu
and then adding my actual blog roll links via the "Custom Links" section
in the "Menus" sidebar and then dragging and dropping them onto the
"Blogroll" page. This, of course, lists them under "Blogroll" in the
"Main" menu bar under the header image in the 2010 theme.

I'm probably doing this all wrong but I'm not seeing another way to do
it at the moment but as you said, Menus are very much a work in progress
right now.

And sorry about the long post here. I'm real wordy that way. :D