[wp-testers] No comment notification using WP 3.0-alpha

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 14:51:32 UTC 2010

Hi Dion,

The email address associated with the test site is not a Gmail address
but one directly associated with my web host. This used to be required
by WordPress as email addresses external to the web host/site itself
were not allowed as many hosts added this check as a security measure.
The standard format for a site related email address was
"wordpress at domainname.***". (This info was located in the WP docs
somewhere but I can't recall exactly where off the top of my head.)

*Note*: Westi once made me a small plugin that circumvented this
requirement (requirement came in WP 2.5 I believe?) called
"php-no-sender" which worked great back then but does not help the
problem in WP 3.0.

I did state that the "Subscribe to Comments" plugin was correctly
sending notifications to a couple Gmail addresses I had set up for
testing purposes.

Also, I confirmed this problem last night with a couple of friends of
mine who are also running WP 3.0-alpha test sites. They're both
experiencing the same exact problem of receiving every notification I
mentioned previously except the standard comment notifications as
described in my original post. All 3 of us are running the PHP5 (5.2.11
in my case).

Deactivating plugins does not change the problem by the way. I wish I
could recall when the WP 3.0 nightly builds stopped sending comment
notifications but I haven't been able to track it down.

Sorry if this is too much info. I tend to be wordy.