[wp-testers] Theme Upgrades

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Mar 14 01:30:40 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

For anyone keeping up with the WordPress 3.0 development at the moment,
You'll see that the Tool -> Upgrade page has been moved to "Updates" under
Dashboard.

This is the new location for the GUU - Global Unified Upgrader, it gives a
single location to view all the updates available for your WordPress
installation in one place.
Part of the work has involved adding Bulk Plugin upgrades and Bulk Theme
upgrades, Bulk plugin upgrades were part of 2.9, however, Bulk Theme
upgrades are new to 3.0

Since I've only just added it a few days ago, It should be available to
all users currently using the 3.0 alpha's.
If there are any testers out there after a 15 minute testing job, it'd be
appreciated if you could give the bulk upgrades a test and make sure they
work properly for you.

The way in which I test:
  * Use the Theme installer to install a few themes (I usually go for basic
themes without too many images, makes the upgrade process faster)
  * Use FTP or the Theme Editor to reduce the Theme versions to 0.1
(Anything lower than current is fine, 2.2 -> 2.0, 10.58 -> 0.2 etc)
  * Visit the Dashboard -> Updates page, Make sure the theme updates show
up as expected
  * Select all Themes and hit upgrade.
  * Enter in your FTP details if required.

Known Edge cases which could be tested:
  * Upgrading a theme which is currently the chosen theme
  * Renaming the Theme folder, For example, the theme 'mystique' Install
it, Rename the folder to 'Test-Theme', Upgrade it and the theme folder
name should change
  * Combine the above, rename a theme, Set it as current, upgrade.

I'm aware that not everyone will be running 3.0 right now, and many will
wait until the beta period, So i'll resend this email closer to beta if
there are no hits.

Cheers
Dion Hulse / dd32
Contact: