[wp-testers] WP_ENABLE_MULTISITE is now WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE

Tris Hussey tris at trishussey.com
Tue Mar 9 19:53:13 UTC 2010

I gave it a quick test on my MAMP install and worked fine (well, swapping
":" for ";" of course) to bring up the Network option.

I noticed that the default was for subdomains instead of subdirectories (I
think that was the default a build or two ago). I don't think it really
matters, since folks getting into this should be smarter than your average
bears anyway.

Since I was testing locally, I don't know if they actual multi-site worked
since MAMP runs on port 8888 and multisite doesn't work with port numbers
(or so the error told me).

Tris

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:

> WP_ENABLE_MULTISITE is now WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE. This is the constant
> that turns on the Tools > Network menu. I think the new name will
> minimize confusion with its purpose, as it doesnt actually enable
> multisite itself, it just allows the Tools > Network install process
> to occur.
>
> So:
> define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true):
>
> The Tools > Network process has gotten a bit of a facelift in the past
> week, and there's also some planned changes coming up. All could use
> some testing and feedback.
>
> Thanks testers!
> Nacin

Tris Hussey
Writer | Teacher | Photographer | Internet Rogue
cell: 604-319-6765 -- Skype: tris.hussey
http://www.trishussey.com/