[wp-testers] Nightly build revision number in admin footer?

Tris Hussey tris at trishussey.com
Tue Mar 9 02:46:23 UTC 2010

I know this is rather off topic, but does anyone know if there is any work
being done on a web-based tool for SVN? Using SVN really makes WP easier,
there's phpMyAdmin for MySQL.

It just occurred to me that for users where automatic upgrade doesn't work
for WP or plugins, being able to use SVN might be just the ticket.

Just a thought...

Tris

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Dan Coulter <dan at dancoulter.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:
>
> > Correct, it requires SVN. Unless it was returned as part of the update
> > check
> > API (which isn't a bad idea), WordPress would have no idea which revision
> > it
> > was running.
> >

> If the nightly builds/WordPress Beta Tester retrieved and stored the SVN
> revision somehow, I'd be happy to modify the Show SVN Revision plugin to
> use
> that method in cases where it were available.
>
> --
> Dan Coulter
> http://dancoulter.com/
> http://phpflickr.com/
> http://blogsforbands.com/
>
> Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
> -Simon and Garfunkel

Tris Hussey
Writer | Teacher | Photographer | Internet Rogue
cell: 604-319-6765 -- Skype: tris.hussey
http://www.trishussey.com/