[wp-testers] Nightly build revision number in admin footer?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 21:00:57 UTC 2010

On 03/08/2010 03:48 PM, Andrew Nacin wrote:

>> Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. Once activated there's no change in
>> the WP 3.0 admin footer. No extra line in the admin footer that indicates
>> the revision number and path (as it says in the description). I tried
>> deactivating my plugins in case one was interfering but no difference.
>>
>> Perhaps it's a problem for those using the WordPress Beta Tester plugin to
>> keep updated rather than the more traditional SVN approach?
>>

> Correct, it requires SVN. Unless it was returned as part of the update check
> API (which isn't a bad idea), WordPress would have no idea which revision it
> was running.

Ah, that's what I thought. No problem then. It's much easier for me
(probably my only choice for that matter) to use the Beta Tester plugin
than trying to use Subversion on shared hosting. Prior to the plugin I
updated to the latest nightly doing it the old fashioned way; manual
upload via FTP.

And yeah, it would be a nice idea. ;-)