[wp-testers] Nightly build revision number in admin footer?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:16:09 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, for those who were testing the bleeding edge
nightlies, the build's revision number could be found in the footer as
in: "You are using a development version (2.5-beta r####). Cool! Please
stay updated" for example. Believe it or not, Having this convenient to
the nightly build revision number really helped when a tester was
checking out new changes and tracking down bugs. At least it was for me.

Is there any chance that this small feature of the nightly builds could
be returned? It would be great to be able to glance down at the admin
footer and see the build's revision number there.

(This was asked previously as I recall when the build revision number
first disappeared from the admin footer as there wasn't anywhere within
version.)