[wp-testers] Number of "Updates" still show available after upgrade.

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Mar 6 22:18:14 UTC 2010

The update count is the sum of WordPress updates, Plugin updates, and
Theme updates.

Its still a work in progress.

The latest revision of it:
  * does not count Development installs as having a WP update available
  * If you hover over the bubble, it also shows the breakdown of the
updates available (1 WordPress update, 4 Plugin updates, 2 Theme updates)
  * Lists Theme updates available

As for why 2 were showing, Its 100% because a Theme or Plugin update
became available for you. Core updates are either 0 or 1, ist hardcoded.