[wp-testers] Custom Taxonomies admin box broken after WP3 upgrade.

Álex Acuña Viera kyuumeitai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:34:21 UTC 2010

Hi there. I posted this in the forum, but didn't get an answer.

After I upgrade from WP 3.0-RC1-15112 to WP 3.0, the Custom Taxonomies
admin boxes stop working.

The theme in question is a custom theme made from Sandbox, with custom
taxonomies in functions.php

I tried several recommendations with no success, such as switching the
theme and deactivating the plugins.

Tracking the issue with a dev version of the site (I did not update
it) , I realize that the ID of the div is not recognizing the custom
taxonomy; instead, the box ID is just like the tag box.
The screenshot comparison, check the highlighted line:

The Prod box site ID (wrong)
http://cl.ly/87ddb70a82ada89d596b

The Dev box site ID (right, notice the id is "status"
http://cl.ly/124c65d8a5accb0f54bc

This is making the admin panel looks for the tags and not the custom
taxonomies when consults via admin-ajax.php.

Tried to create a new custom taxonomy, and changing the parameters
does not work either :(

This is my functions.php taxonomy code:

add_action( 'init', 'create_my_taxonomies', 0 );

function create_my_taxonomies() {
	register_taxonomy( 'status', 'page', array(
		'hierarchical' => false,
		'label' => 'Status',
		'query_var' => true,
		'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'destacados' )
		)
	);
	register_taxonomy( 'programas', 'page', array(
		'hierarchical' => false,
		'label' => 'Tipo de Programa',
		'query_var' => true,
		'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'programa' )
		)
	);

By the way, the problem is just the admin box, the taxonomy itself
works. If I call the taxonomy like this (notice the "status=agenda"
parameter):

$posts = get_posts('post_type=page&status=agenda&order=ASC&orderby=date');

it still works.

PS: Sorry for my lousy english.