[wp-testers] editing child theme feature?

Christine Evron christine at tstone.biz
Tue Jun 22 02:26:13 UTC 2010

When working with a child theme in the edit themes page - it's a bit
confusing having all the files in use under templates instead of just the
files residing in the child theme folder. It looks like the select theme to
edit isn't filtering the files correctly.

I loaded my child theme files up a couple of weeks ago. Today I decided that
I'd come up with a brilliant change to the footer file. It didn't bother me
that I hadn't initially modified the footer.php file.  I charged ahead with
my changes and then decided I really wanted to see how 2010 had handled
something, so I reactivated 2010. Lo and behold, my footer had made it's way
into 2010. Not what I think was intended.

It looks like trac ticket 12716 (march 26) speaks about this but it also
looks like the select theme to edit dropdown wasn't there when the ticket
was filed.

Regards,
Christine