[wp-testers] WP3 items go missing when upgrading

Ian Whitcomb iwhitcomb at ooeygui.net
Mon Jun 21 23:45:57 UTC 2010

I've noticed some issues when upgrading from an earlier version of WP that a lot of things "go missing"

I upgraded from 2.9.2 last night and on some posts I'm missing all of the comments even though they still exist in the database and are still showing up on the admin screen. This only happens on some posts, not all of them.

I've also had a similar problem with a plugin that I wrote. It creates a new content type called "reusable" and although the reusables are saving just fine in the database, an empty array is returned when I run my get_posts(array("post_type" => "reusable")) function.

I've had some people asking me about this so I know I'm not the only one.

I haven't had any of these problems on a fresh install of WP3.