[wp-testers] Question about wp_nav_menus

Foolish Visions shelly at foolishvisions.com
Thu Jun 17 18:44:06 UTC 2010

I had a quick question about these new navigation menus (which are awesome, by the way).  I found a post that was made a couple of weeks ago by Justin Tadlock:

http://justintadlock.com/archives/2010/06/01/goodbye-headaches-hello-menus

If you scroll down just a bit, you'll see an image which describes the whole admin panel nicely.  However, one of the images has something I've never seen before: an option to add a CSS class to a specific menu item.

I'm wondering how you get this to show up? (and is it for custom links only?)  I love this new menu setup, but I'd love it even more if I could add my own classes to each individual menu item - and in some cases replace a link with an image of my choice (but that's something else I guess).  Basically, I want to have a menu item highlighted when I'm on the current page (or parent, or grandparent, etc.) but I can't quite figure out how to do that.  There's no "current" class set, nor any "parent" like there used to be in the old method.  And the menu id given to each item doesn't seem to coincide with anything that the page gives out - I think I might be missing something. (Maybe I just overlooked something?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

~Shelly