[wp-testers] RC3. Click on Links menu item returns out-of-memory error

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Jun 14 08:20:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Waldo Lydecker <
waldo.lydecker at cinemaminima.com> wrote:

> Upgraded site from WP v 2.9.2
>
> Links: 99. No links imported
>
> Plugins: All (52) | Active (27) | Recently Active (1) | Inactive (25)
> | Drop-ins (1)

We have a default memory limit of 32 MB (64 MB for multisite). WordPress
generally idles at 12-15 MB, perhaps an extra few meg if you're running a
localized version, and then plugins of course will add to that depending on
their weight, optimization, and performance. In this case, it sounds like
you simply pushed the limit. I doubt the code on the links page is high in
terms of memory usage at only 99 links. Assuming you have a lot of content,
do you have other pages failing?