[wp-testers] WP3 RC3 - Duplicate Multipage

Bill Nickerson bill at wcnickerson.ca
Sun Jun 13 15:34:44 UTC 2010

Hi Michael

I'm not sure if that will create the widgets like that though.  You can
activate the plugins using Network Activate, but the widgets need to be
added using some other mechanism.  Maybe you can find a plugin that will
do this (similar to cets_blog_defaults) or maybe someone will have to
write one.  I'm thinking that I would like to have the same kind of
functionality, so I may look into it myself.

Ciao
    Bill

On 13/06/2010 9:18 AM, Michael Preis wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I think "cets_blog_defaults" is what I am looking for.
>
> For example: I put in every blog the same plugins/widgets in the
> sidebar. But I don't want to do this every time I create a new blog.
> So I want to have a precofiguration where the widgets are allready in
> this sidebar, when I create the new blog.
>
> greetings,
> Micha
>

> Bill Nickerson schrieb:
>> Hi Micheal
>>
>> I'm experimenting with Multipost MU
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multipost-mu/ which was written for
>> the WPMU codebase to allow posts to be copied to selected other sites in
>> the network (or all of them).  I'm not sure if this is what you're
>> looking for or not.
>>
>> Another possibility is looking for cets_blog_defaults which allows you
>> to modify many of the defaults under the Settings menus for new sites
>> that you create in the network.  Between that and Network Activate
>> certain plugins you can get a standard setup for each new blog that is
>> created.
>>
>> Ciao
>>     Bill
>>
>> On 13/06/2010 5:21 AM, Michael Preis wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i am using the network version of the new wordpress to create multiple
>>> pages with one installation.
>>> Now i want to preconfiger one page with all the features the other
>>> pages should have - so that I must only duplicat this page to have all
>>> the settings from the first page also in the new pages.
>>>
>>> Is there a chance to make this?
>>>
>>> greetings
>>> Michael