[wp-testers] uploading jpgs to end of file

Administrator rontekadmin at hawaiisportsrap.com
Thu Jun 10 20:31:32 UTC 2010

Hi Christine,

There is no "offending photo" per se.  I can't upload anything to the media
libraries via the dashboard Add New.  I'm getting a "failure to write to
disc" error when I try it from uploading to as a post attachment.  If I go
to media library and add new and try to upload I get a message that says
"file attachment failed".  Well that's certainly a problem when I'm
uploading to the Media Library because it should be just registering the
upload as unattached.  Now why it fails to write to disc, I don't know how
that could be a directly correct error report as I can upload all day long
right to the specific directory I want, so it's not a server rejection
issue.  It has to be in the code since with 2010 theme we're uploading 2
subdirs deeper that what we used to.  The site is www.hawaiisportsrap.com
and although I've made a few changes to textarea font sizing, there's
nothing I've added that should interfere with mediafile uploads.  Please
feel free to tell me what ya think.  I've seen literally no attention paid
to this and I'd think it was an important issue regarding the stability of
the release.  I've been in software quality assurance and control for much
more complex products but not for open source stuff that people are
developing basically to be given away.

Thanks for responding
Ron