[wp-testers] Child themes not allowed on wordpress.org

Administrator rontekadmin at hawaiisportsrap.com
Mon Jun 7 18:42:33 UTC 2010

I would agree that if we're not looking at incorporating the versatility in
the main theme, then one might consider the road Bruce has taken here.  Much
of what I would want in WordPress is there, but you doggone near have to
learn where to make adjustments by being a code writer.  Let's try to remain
pithy here.  I would like 2010 (ok I'm using numbers) to allow me to to use
a background image for the blog content page.  Right now, you can't do that.
Try adjust the "background" in the panel and add your own background file.
It displays in preview but when you look at your page all you can see is the
edes of the border because the backgrounds of the blog content, sidebar, and
footer are not transparent.  So you'll see a little edge of the background
peeking through but not like, say the Motion theme, which will display the
background in such a fashion.  Now is this a problem with the 2010 theme or
WP 3.  BTW, another question...I'm using WP_RC1 on a commercial page with
Twenty Ten running.  I've been editting the css to try and see what I can
get away with.  Will installing the nightly build on that site
remove/replace those edits with a new css file or do the wp-admin files just
get replaced?  Bear with me everyone.  I'll have some good recommendations
coming.

Thanks
Doc