[wp-testers] Child themes not allowed on wordpress.org

Bruce Wampler brucewampler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:14:27 UTC 2010

I tried to submit (stupidly, I suppose) my Twenty Ten child theme to the
standard WP org themes site, and it couldn't get past the first stage. I
sent a support question, and got this response:

WordPress Themes wrote:
> Right now the theme directory doesn't support child themes.  This is
> something that we've talked about off and on and will likely be
> enabling in the future.

A lot of the talk about Twenty Ten is about how easy it is to build
child themes for it (and it is!), so one hopes "the future" is as soon
as WP 3 is released!

But this kind of stuff really is part of the over all beta test, I think
- the themes group has to be ready for new child themes for Twenty Ten.

Bruce Wampler

--
Bruce Wampler, Ph.D.

Software developer
Creator of first spelling checker for a PC
Creator of Grammatik(tm), first true grammar checker
e-mail: bw at brucewampler.com
blog: brucewampler.wordpress.com