[wp-testers] Menus: "Automatically add new top-level pages" adds sub-pages at top-level

Andrew Macaulay-Brook am at theburo.net
Wed Jun 2 15:29:26 UTC 2010

Hi Andrew - Thanks for the clarification and I see what you mean about complexity.  In reality I suppose I would prefer to prevent my clients adding top-level items, so that the visual length of the main nav is constant, but I like that sub-pages all appear magically in sub-menus for dropdowns when I use wp_list_pages.

Given that, I guess I won't use the new nav feature at all unless I find a way of modifying it in functions.php.  (Runs off to hunt for nav function calls & hooks on saving a page...)  A graphic designer I sub-develop for prefers the simplicity we now have compared with menu building in his previous CMS, which was similar to the new WP nav.

All best, A.