[wp-testers] Menus: "Automatically add new top-level pages" adds sub-pages at top-level

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Jun 2 14:56:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Andrew Macaulay-Brook <am at theburo.net>
 wrote:

> When using menus, if I check "Automatically add new top-level pages", any
> new sub-pages I create are added to the menu too, but as top-level items
> rather then as children of their parent page.  Is this by design or a
> genuine bug?

Sounds like I forgot about checking for an empty post_parent when coding
that. Will take care of it.

In a way, it would be nice if hierarchical menus could be made automatically

We have thought about that but the UX implications were rather complex, thus
we stopped at the "auto-add" feature for now. We'd rather see how users and
developers use the menus in 3.0 and then enhance appropriately in a future
release.