[wp-testers] RC issue - upload.php 404 error

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Tue Jun 1 18:04:03 UTC 2010

I am not currently able to reproduce this on (my iis7 w/urlrewrite windows
server 2008 rc2)

Are you using a fixed web.config file from pre-RC1 of wordpress? or are you
using a regenerated one by the system?

Save your current web.config as a backup, then generate a new web.config by.

1) Going to settings -> Permalinks on the mainsite
2) Deleting the web.config
3) clicking save in the settings->permalinks on the mainsite

You should see a new regenerated one.   Test that one if you could please.
If there are issues revert back to the backed up one.