[wp-testers] WordPress 3.0: problem with empty excerptsbeingreturned by the_excerpt()

Krusty Ruffle krustyruffle at rustykruffle.com
Mon Jul 12 00:36:49 UTC 2010

It took me a little bit but I figured out that it can be solved in
/wp-includes/formatting.php

change line 1825 from:

if( '' == $text ) {

to:

if ( '' == trim ( $text ) ) {

Editing core files is not something I like to do though...

Looking at that plugin, it does a lot more than what I need so I'll probably
just use a trimming filter in the functions.php file for now, thanks for
suggesting it though.