[wp-testers] Conditional tags not working

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:58:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Nathan Rice <ncrice at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, as a followup question ... what hooks are best to use if I want to be
> able to use the conditionals? Someone already mentioned template_redirect
> ... are there any others? Is there a good resource that defines what hooks
> are fired before and after WP knows what type of query it is?

What hooks you use depend on what you're trying to do.

I don't know about hook resources, but these three lines in
wp-blog-header.php give a good overall picture of what's happening:

|   require_once( dirname(__FILE__) . '/wp-load.php' );
|   wp();
|   require_once( ABSPATH . WPINC . '/template-loader.php' );

wp-load.php loads all the WordPress functionality.
wp() parses the current query.
template-loader.php decides which template file to include.