[wp-testers] WP3.0 Migration Failure?

George Pearce gp at iampearce.com
Sun Feb 28 15:45:08 UTC 2010

I just migrated WP3.0 from one host to another, via the normal method I use
- backup, restore. It's thrown up a white screen and my error logs are
empty. I disabled .htaccess as a precaution but there's nothing, anywhere,
suggesting what the error is. It's linux hosting with GoDaddy, the database
has restored perfectly and the files are exactly the same as they were on
the previous installation (abeit, database details changed).

I did the same move on a wp2.9.2 installation last night and it went without
a hitch.

I'm using the multi-blogs function; if that makes any difference?

I don't konw if this is a bug in 3.0 (hence my reporting it) or a failure on
my part, but I've checked and double checked what I did. I've moved MU
before and never had any problems.

--
-
George Pearce