[wp-testers] Automated Testing Failing

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sun Feb 21 22:09:37 UTC 2010

On 21 Feb 2010, at 11:52, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:

> Its not the tests that will need fixing in most cases, but WordPress.
>
> Altho, In some cases, Its just that the test cases are out of date.
>
> If you'd like to just run one set of tests (to see what is failing) you can run them like so:
> php ./wp-test.php -t Test_Sanitize_File_Name
>
> Peter Westwood (westi) is the main man behind the tests, he'll probably chime in here sometime with some better answers.

Well.  In truth I inherited the tests from someone else who wrote the bulk of them - I can't take the credit for the work that was done before me by others - https://www.ohloh.net/p/wordpress-unit-tests/contributors

In general for every test that currently fails we need to look through and try and understand if

a) The test is wrong or out-of-date
b) The code has been changed and a bug has been introduced

If its (b) it would be really good if someone could raise a trac ticket which hilights the bug and even better if you can track it back to which version introduced it.

At the moment because so much fails I tend to focus on running tests which relate to something I am changing or fixing up code/tests for individual test classes.
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5