[wp-testers] Automated Testing Failing

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz aizat.faiz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 04:57:28 UTC 2010

Holas,

I've been interested in building plugins for WordPress and and contributing
back to the core development. But I've come onto a bit of a stumble.

I've learned that WordPress has Automated Testing (
http://codex.wordpress.org/Automated_Testing ) , and experimented trying to
use it. I've got them working through installing PHPUnit via PEAR. But the
tests generally failed (When running the test suite, I get a lot of Fs).

My questions:

   - What sort of environment is required? This includes OS, software and
   packages installed.
   - What version of WordPress is the Automated Testing (currently Revision
   289) designed for? It is not specified in the README.txt . I've tried v2.9.2
   and the trunk of WordPress. No luck.

My environment:

   - Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
   - PHP 5.2.12 (installed via MacPorts php52
   @5.2.12_0+apache2+darwin_10+macosx+mysql5+pear+readline  )

Much help is appreciated.

Regards,
Aizat