[wp-testers] Possible Bug in links functionality

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Sat Dec 18 17:08:05 UTC 2010

On 12/18/2010 8:15 AM, Ashish Saini wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> I use a P2 installation for taking notes. The link functionality was never
> touched before in this installation.
> I changed both the name&  slug to "RSMA" and "rsma".
>
> Then I deleted all the links that we have by default and now when I try to
> add links, I am stuck here.
>
> Thanks&  Regards
> Ashish Saini aka Ashfame
> (Deserve Before You Desire)
> Homepage : http://www.ashfame.com | Blog : http://blog.ashfame.com | Twitter
> : http://twitter.com/ashfame

Would you be willing to share a backup of your database tables to
someone  - minus the user table?

I'd be willing to put money on this being some kind of an index
violation. I've seen this quite often in mu where imported data didn't
follow mu's "names and slugs must match" criteria and resulting in a
situation where a duplicate name would prevent all changes to that term
(even if you were removing the conflict).  There was an area that simply
could not handle the duplicate values. For me it was usually an issue
with categories conflicting with tags.  I've not seen the issue since mu
was merged, but I've not done any really huge merges since then either.

Chances are this can't be reproduced without your data because it took a
series of events to get you to this point and we do not know exactly
what that series was.

-Brian