[wp-testers] WordPress 3.0.3 and Akismet

Len Kutchma lkutchma at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 05:18:01 UTC 2010

I updated Akismet (on 3 sites) from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 the other day via
the automatic upgrade feature. Earlier this evening I noted WordPress
3.0.3 was released so I updated all 3 sites from 3.0.2 via the
automatic upgrade feature. Later on I noticed the Akismet version was
bumped down to 2.4.0 again.

I thought I was either losing my mind or something funky is going on.
I was able to duplicate this on 5 local installs using Xampp. The
steps I took:

1. Upgrade Akismet from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 via auto upgrade
2. Upgrade WordPress from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 via auto upgrade

Akismet is back to 2.4.0 and needs to be upgraded again.