[wp-testers] beta 1 & post editor

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Fri Dec 3 18:47:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Mohammad Jangda <batmoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:
>
> > We now hide all non-essential meta boxes in 3.1 by default. (That leaves
> > title, editor, publish, taxonomies, and post thumbnails.)
> >
> > This is a step to simplify the interface. You can head up to Screen
> > to find other meta boxes.
> >

> Couple of questions:
> * Will meta boxes be retained on upgrade? It'll be confusing for users if
> they upgrade and then find that all the meta boxes they're accustomed to
> using have disappeared. It certainly threw me off.

Only if you've modified screen options before. I agree that might be an
issue. I think we're just going to aim for a lot of publicity of screen
options as a solution.

* Will meta boxes registered by plugins also be hidden by default?

Nope. Just specified core meta boxes.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Andrew Macaulay-Brook <am at theburo.net>
 wrote:

> I like the simplification but it would be great if there's an easy way to
> turn them on & off with plugins or functions.php.

There are.