[wp-testers] [wp-hackers] WordPress 3.0.2

Jason LeVan jason at codeclarified.com
Thu Dec 2 19:12:38 UTC 2010

First, exactly what scribu said.

Second, given the exact nature of the security issue this release fixes, and
the mention that end-users will blindly upgrade without considering that
they may break plugins, themes, etc - this update is even more necessary, as
it could allow lower level users to run updates (or perform more malevolent
actions). If this was not patched, then as 3.1 was released, an author on a
blog could update from 3.0.x to 3.1, and break something. I'd rather the
list of people able to 'break' the installation be as short as possible
(just admins) rather than including all author level users.

Jason LeVan

Email: jason at codeclarified.com

Twitter: @codeclarified