[wp-testers] Install plugins without FTP

Shane Lambert grandslambert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:45:43 UTC 2010

Actually, you need to change some permissions on the WordPress folders.
I have found that to use the interfaces to install plugins and themes,
the folders need to be writable and owned by the apache user. On Ubuntu,
I set the owner of the folders to www-data and make sure there are write
permissions. Then you should not see the FTP prompt when installing plugins.

On 08/10/2010 01:41 PM, Christian Jantz wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> is there any way to install plugins directly using the interface without
> ftp? I just installed a vm for my wordpress installation but without ftp
> daemon. And I'm not interested in installing one just for wordpress. Any
> ideas?
>
> Greets
> Christian

GrandSlambert