[wp-testers] Custom Post Type with Meta Box - Permalink and Presentation Problems

Jamie Oastler jamie.oastler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 23:00:03 UTC 2010

Using the nightly beta build I have managed to make a great custom
post type following the instructions on
http://www.deluxeblogtips.com/2010/04/how-to-create-meta-box-wordpress-post.html

But now I am struggling with the presentation side of the big changes
for WP 3.0. If someone could please share some generic examples for
how to achieve the following it would be greatly appreciated. I've
hunted through most of google and had no success.

1) How to create the equivelent of a category-#.php based file for
custom post types and single.php for posts within.

2) How to have the permalink structure be the equivelent of
http://site.com/custom-data-type/post-slug
Anything I did to the rewrite parameter in register_post_type would
usually cause the admin console and site to not render.
Right now I get "http://site.com/?album=album-title

Thanks,
Jamie