[wp-testers] Forced custom permalink structure with PATHINFO?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Apr 24 02:54:59 UTC 2010

Some logic was changed recently (by me) which might've caused it.
(See
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/14051/trunk/wp-admin/options-permalink.php
)

The check for forcing it is:

79	if ( ! got_mod_rewrite() && ! $iis7_permalinks )
80	        $prefix .= '/index.php';

If you're running IIS7 then you shouldnt be seeing it.
If you're running something else, you may need to force WordPress to
realise it.

For example:
add_filter('iis7_supports_permalinks', '__return_true'); //__return_true
is a 3.0 function, that does what it says..)

You can put that in a plugin, or in a theme functions.php file, or in a
/wp-content/mu-plugins/force-iis_permalinks.php file, etc.