[wp-testers] User registration in 3.0-Multisite

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Sat Apr 10 14:16:57 UTC 2010

Actually it is directly linked to the current development, as I'm
talking about default multisite behavior in 3.0.

Expected behavior when choosing to only allow users to register for an
account would be to see the standard WordPress registration form (same
design as the login page), not a form to allow them to sign up to create
a new site embedded within the site's theme.

Only allowing users to register for an account means they are not going
to be creating new sites (blogs) at all. The current behavior is going
to confuse both users and site admins.

Anything that could possibly cause confusion really should be addressed
before 3.0 final is released.

Kim