[wp-testers] User registration in 3.0-Multisite

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Sat Apr 10 12:30:39 UTC 2010

I am developing a site using 3.0-multisite. I currently have the
Registration Settings/Allow new registrations under Network Options set
for "User accounts may be registered.". Default role is subscriber.

I only want people to be able to register as a user (subscriber) - they
will not be able to create a site - ever. Any user that will need access
to any of the existing sites will be elevated to a different role manually.

 From the login page, when I click the Register link, I am taken to a
signup form within the website's theme, rather than being shown the
standard WordPress registration form.

Since I am not allowing users to create sites, it would make more sense
that they see the standard WordPress registration form. Switching back
and forth between the 2 formats will be confusing for new users in cases
like this.

Is it possible to change wp-signup.php so that they are only shown the
form within the website's theme if either "Logged in users may register
new sites." or "Both sites and user accounts can be registered." are
chosen as the option under Allow New Registrations?

Thanks in advance!

Kim