[wp-testers] Background image not displayed in admin page

Deanna Schneider deanna.schneider at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:53:12 UTC 2010

Hi all,
With a default network install and no plugins activated, when I use
the default 2010 theme and upload a custom background image (only
change to default theme), the background image doesn't show in the
preview until I click "save changes" but it changes for the website
immediately. This happens on the first upload only. Subsequent uploads
display the image immediately. So, to reproduce:

1. On a network install, create new site.
2. Go to the backend of the new site and click on Appearance ->background.
3. Upload a background image.
4. Note that the page says "Background updated. Visit your site to see
how it looks." The preview box will most likely change sizes. But, the
background image won't show.
5. Preview the site and verify that the background image is there.
6. You can navigate away from and back to the background page at this
point. Doesn't matter, the background image won't show up.
7. On the background page, click "save changes" and then the
background image will show up.

(This might not be a big deal for people coming out of the WP world,
but for those of us running WPMU installs with novice users, this is
sure to confuse folks.)

Thanks,
Deanna