[wp-testers] Unable to update WP 3.0 between nightly builds on IIS 7.5 server

HelixGalaxy helixgalaxy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 17:46:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

According to my Win server you have to change the permissions on the folder
(and all files in that folder), where you have WP installed, otherwise the
automatic update will fail. You have to give the web user the rights to
modify and write. Once the update is done, you can change it back.

For me, if I don't change the permissions this automatic update fails every
time. So I learn the hard way that changing the permissions is the way to do
it. OK, I user IIS 6 but there should not be any difference I think.

Regards,
Martin