[wp-testers] 2.9-beta1 reports itself as 2.9-rare in Dashboard

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:23:24 UTC 2009

I used the WP Beta Tester plugin set to "Bleeding edge" and it updated
my test install to 2.9 beta 1. At least that what it says in the status
bar. I found this a bit confusing as I figured that the "Bleeding edge"
setting would keep updates to the trunk.

However, I checked the "version.php" file in the "2.9 beta 1.zip" file I
downloaded via the link on the Developer updates site and it indeed
states "2.9 (rare)" and not "2.9 beta 1". Guess they missed this?