[wp-testers] 2.9-beta-1 is available

Gene Steinberg gene at technightowl.com
Tue Nov 17 14:30:50 UTC 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Honey Singh wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Gene Steinberg <gene at technightowl.com>wrote:
>

>> On Nov 17, 2009, at 7:06 AM, Paul Robinson wrote:
>>
>>> I believe he means the compatibilty box on each individual plugin, it's
>> on
>>> the right side of each plugin underneath the download button.
>>>
>>> 2009/11/17 Gene Steinberg <gene at technightowl.com>
>>

>> Misleading. It's not automated, and it means lots of manual work on the
>> part of the user to check them all, particularly if lots of plugins are
>> involved. :(
>>

> I think the same queries regarding "wordpress extend" is already discussed
> several times in this mailing lists.The google search result will resolve
> your issues and don't expect to get any spoon
> feeding.
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Plugin_Compatibility/
> You need to manually test the plugin on different versions and then changed
> your plugin page.

There is, as yet, no listing for WP 2.9, no link at all. That WAS my original point, and one that still isn't being addressed by several messages containing misdirection but nothing relevant.

It's not a question of whether the compatibility is determined automatically or by direct contributions. Where is it?

If you're seeing something that isn't showing up here, let me know.

Peace,
Gene