[wp-testers] apply_filters()

Karl Wångstedt maillist at wangstedt.net
Tue May 26 19:50:20 GMT 2009

26 maj 2009 kl. 19.11 skrev Jennifer Hodgdon:

> That all looks fine, so far... but who is calling the
> KEW_short_excerpt function, and what is the calling function doing
> with the output?

The function is called in the theme as a replacement for the_excerpt()
in some cases, but also where it gets modified before echoed out.

I hoped I could use the same function in both cases, and by that only
use one hook for the filters. But, as I said, I can't get it to apply
the filter if I do a return of the output. Only if I echo the output.

Stange...

> Also, this whole discussion belongs on the wp-hackers list, not wp-
> testers... just noticed where it was...

OK. I'm sorry if I posted to the wrong list. I'll end here and take
the question to wp-hackers instead.

Thanks for your help.
Karl Wångstedt
          Wångstedt  nova