[wp-testers] post_class() function now returning IDs instead of slugs?

Dean Robinson dean.j.robinson at gmail.com
Fri May 22 10:47:55 GMT 2009

Just installed a copy of 2.8 beta1 locally for some dev work and
noticed that a bunch of styles in my current theme no longer worked.

A bit of investigation tracked it back to the post_class() function,
which previously returned something like "category-article" etc (using
the category slug), but now appears to have been changed to return
classes based on the ID of the category instead, eg "category-107".

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything around why this might of
been changed, or if its a bug or not.

Personally I prefer "category-slug" to "category-ID" it seems more
logical and easier to make use of, but perhaps it was changed for a
good reason, can anyone shed some light on this?

Looks like this was first changed in revision 11300 (10 days ago)

cheers

Dean Robinson
deanjrobinson.com

dean.j.robinson at gmail.com