[wp-testers] Auto upgrade to 2.8 not working?

Ade Walker photofantaisie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:47:31 GMT 2009

Ryan,

Here's the latest...

Ran the auto-upgrade on another WP install on the same server - and it
worked perfectly (even without deactivating plugins first). "Success"
messages were displayed etc. This was an upgrade from 2.7.1, whilst the one
that failed was an upgrade from 2.8 RC1. No errors in the error log, page
footer fine, not chopped off. Anyway, I went ahead and manually upgraded
this install. As I say, the only difference between the 2 installs was the
starting WP version.