[wp-testers] Auto upgrade to 2.8 not working?

Rafael Poveda <RaveN> raven at mecus.es
Wed Jun 17 17:18:43 GMT 2009

I have upgraded about 10 WP by now, and it's working correctly.

Make sure your hosting have writing permissions for nobody user.
Usually, WordPress writes in your system not with the ftp user, but
nobody user (65543:1000). If your hosting is not prepared to handle
it, it will be able to download the archive, but will not be able to
decompress it.

The same works for plugins. If you need to put your FTP user when
installing or updating plugins, you have this problem. If it is well
configured, plugins might update automatically, without need the FTP
user.

--
Rafael Poveda <RaveN>
Mecus.es