[wp-testers] Auto upgrade to 2.8 not working?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:37:56 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Quick update: Upping the PHP memory limit to 64mb wasn't
necessary. I auto-upgraded another one of my 2.7.1 sites to
2.8 (uses all the same plugins | PHP memory limit = 32mb) and
everything worked fine while my first site's still down with a
500 error. This makes absolutely no sense at all.
Auto-upgrading, even with the old "wp auto-upgrade plugin"
always worked flawlessly. My error logs are even clear so I
have nowhere to start troubleshooting the problem.

I'll try an old fashioned manual upgrade to 2.8 on the site
that's currently down. I prefer not have it out of circualtion
more than a day or so.