[wp-testers] Default.widgets.php Hacked? What to do?

Chris Jean gaarai at gaarai.com
Fri Jul 24 13:43:31 UTC 2009

I did a lot of reading on this subject to ensure that I knew the full
scope of it. It's quite clear to me that the stolen FTP credentials are
definitely the cause of this specific issue:

    * Malicious “Income” IFrames from .CN Domains http://bit.ly/NgWFA
    * Hidden CN Iframes Are Still Prevalent http://bit.ly/12uY53

That said, you are quite right that getting a virus on your local
machine isn't the only problem. It is very important for WordPress users
to be aware that their site can be compromised by poor security
practices on or off their server.

Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/
http://wp-roadmap.com/